Job purpose/ key responsibilities and skills
To work on the next generation products for animal diagnostic imaging equipment and the design of low power embedded systems for ultrasound scanning in a harsh environment.
- Firmware/FPGA Development. Design and integration of complex digital IP blocks targeting ultrasound specific applications.
- Design using Altera Design Toolchain/Suite.
- HW/SW Co-Design of FPGA-based SOC, use of ARM Cortex A9 hard core processor.
- Development and execution of FPGA test benches to simulate and verify designs before targeting to embedded hardware. Use of ModelSim to simulate and debug code.
- Use of Verilog/VHDL and Altera block design.
- Use Embedded Linux on Altera FPGA – generating preloader, compiling and configuring of bootloader, Linux kernel and device tree.
- Use of C for both application code and generation of device drivers.
- Opportunity to gain exposure to RF design, configuring wireless modules/chipset (WLAN, Bluetooth,etc).
- Assist in project task identification and duration estimation
- Manage project tasks against a planned schedule
- Report task effort and progress
- Qualified to Degree level in Electronic Engineering
- Considerable experience in Firmware/FPGA Design using Altera or Xilinx Design suite.
- Experienced with SoC FPGA Design and hard or soft processor integration recommended.
- Experience using DSP, Digital filter techniques, video processing, I/O interfaces (DVI, HDMI, video composite), DMA recommended.
- Experience with embedded Linux recommended.
- Knowledge of ultrasound theory, technology and applications would be advantageous
Competencies/ key characteristics
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Inventive, methodical debug and fault finding
- Good approach to planning
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Quick to learn new development tools and technologies
Package: Competitive base salary; Company Profit Scheme; Company Pension Scheme; Life Assurance Cover x 4 basic salary; Flexitime
Applications to [email protected]